The Taliban on Saturday ordered all adult Afghan women to wear all-covering burkas in public.
The decree says women can only show their eyes if they dare venture outside.
“For all dignified Afghan women wearing Hijab is necessary and the best Hijab is chadori (the head-to-toe burqa) which is part of our tradition and is respectful,” said Shir Mohammad, an official from the vice and virtue ministry in a statement.
“Those women who are not too old or young must cover their face, except the eyes,” he said.
The decree actually said women must stay home unless they have important work to do outside.
After 20 years of freedom, Afghan women will now be forced to cover up thanks to Joe Biden.
Afghanistan’s Taliban rulers on Saturday ordered all Afghan women to wear head-to-toe clothing in public — a sharp, hard-line pivot that confirmed the worst fears of rights activists and was bound to further complicate Taliban dealings with an already distrustful international community.
The decree, which calls for women to only show their eyes and recommends they wear the head-to-toe burqa, evoked similar restrictions on women during the Taliban’s previous rule between 1996 and 2001.
“We want our sisters to live with dignity and safety,” said Khalid Hanafi, acting minister for the Taliban’s vice and virtue ministry.
For those keeping track, here is Joe Biden’s Afghanistan legacy:
- 13 US service members dead because of Joe Biden’s botched withdrawal
- Several US service members wounded because of Joe Biden’s botched withdrawal
- Afghans dropping from airplanes
- Known Afghan terrorists entering the US under Biden’s refugee policy
- Taliban seizes billions of dollars of US military equipment because of Joe Biden
- Taliban orders women to wear head-to-toe burkas
- Abandoned Bagram base gives China advantage in region
- Abandoned Lithium mines worth more than $1 trillion
- Abandoned Americans
The post Taliban Orders Adult Afghan Women to Wear Head-to-Toe Burka in Public appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.