Here had been the 20 highest-rated cable information packages for the 12 months 2021 (from 12/18/2020 to 12/12/21), in keeping with Nielsen Media Research
- Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News: 3.21 million
- The Five, Fox News: 2.92 million
- Hannity, Fox News: 2.87 million
- Rachel Maddow Show, MSNBC: 2.6 million
- The Ingraham Angle, Fox News: 2.27 million
- Special Report, Fox News: 2.12 million
- Fox News Primetime, Fox News: 1.86 million
- Last Word, MSNBC: 1.79 million
- Gutfeld, Fox News: 1.69 million
- Deadline: White House, MSNBC: 1.59 million
- All in with Chris Hayes, MSNBC: 1.57 million
- Outnumbered, Fox News: 1.57 million
- America’s (*20*), Fox News: 1.5 million
- The Beat With Ari Melber, MSNBC: 1.37 million
- The Faulkner Focus, Fox News: 1.47 million
- ReidOut, MSNBC: 1.44 million
- MSNBC Live with Hallie Jackson, MSNBC: 1.44 million
- MSNBC Live with Katy Tur, MSNBC: 1.43 million
- The Story, Fox News: 1.41 million
- Your World with Neil Cavuto, Fox News: 1.41 million
The highest-rated CNN program in 2021, Cuomo Prime Time, ranked twenty fifth total with 1.27 million viewers.
That’s cable information in 2021. Looking forward, the tales to look at are undoubtedly the primetime openings. In 2022, CNN will exchange Chris Cuomo at 9 pm. Fox News has but to call a everlasting host for its 7 pm hour. MSNBC should fill its 11 pm time slot following the departure of Brian Williams because the community additionally prepares for Rachel Maddow to go away its each day lineup within the spring.
Of the openings, MSNBC faces probably the most challenges. Maddow was value roughly a million extra viewers than another MSNBC host in 2021. Plus, Last Word solely averaged 1.8 million as a result of it follows Maddow and inherits some of her viewers.
Even with the midterm spike in 2022, MSNBC may fail to common 2 million viewers at any level of the day with out Maddow. Current MSNBC hosts like Nicolle Wallace, Joy Reid (clearly), and Chris Hayes will not be the reply.
Fox News has a number of choices at 7 pm, all of which ought to maintain the time slot among the many prime 10 packages in 2022. Brian Kilmeade, Pete Hegseth, Will Cain, and Jesse Watters have all confirmed their worth to a solo present over the previous 12 months.
So the wild card is CNN’s choice at 9 pm. While MSNBC can not exchange Maddow — and the community is aware of that — CNN may maintain near Cuomo’s common (adjusted for the 2022 midterm information spike). Jake Tapper is the most secure decide, however Michael Smerconish is one other title to look at. Smerconish has guest-hosted the 9 pm hour since CNN fired Cuomo earlier in December. Smerconish has carried out comparatively nicely in comparison with different CNN reveals — for what that’s value.
Brianna Keilar and Don Lemon are two different names Jeff Zucker is reportedly contemplating, each of whom could be damning to the community’s scores. I imply, take a look at the numbers for New Day and Don Lemon Tonight, neither made the highest 35.