Does Clemson have a shot at a National Championship? Absolutely. Will coach Dabo Swinney mandate that his Tigers get a Covid vaccine? No shot. With the workforce hovering round an 85 % vaccination fee, Sweeney has no intention of pushing the remaining 15 % in the direction of a vaccination: “…it’s their decision, and I respect that.”
Less than three weeks forward of their season opener with Georgia, Swinney’s ready to regulate ought to Covid come knocking: “We had coaches miss (last season). We had players miss. And there was nothing you could do about it,” Swinney stated, per The Greenville News. “… I got vaccinated back in March and I’m grateful, thankful for that. I’m thankful that we have that option. This time last year, we didn’t have an option. There was no option. You just had to manage the best you could.”
Though he’s been vaccinated, Swinney’s permitting the Clemson gamers to decide on for themselves whether or not or not they need to make the identical resolution: “It’s not something we can make them do. I’d love to see us at 100 percent. Hopefully, we’ll get there. … But it’s their decision, and I respect that.”
As they inch nearer to kickoff, Clemson’s head coach appears to assume a number of the unvaccinated Tigers might finally go for a shot: “I think a lot of these kids, as it gets closer to the season, will (get the vaccine). They’ve really not had that fear of missing out on anything. There’s a little more motivation for all these teams as they kind of get back going in all sports.”
Clemson gamers who select towards vaxxing received’t simply be dodging tacklers this fall, they’ll even be evading needles.